MS/HS AnnouncementsLunch Menus Scholarships
High School Students: Wear you favorite jersey every Wednesday in March for March Madness. Sponsored by the High School Student Council.
Any players in grades 8-12 that are interested in playing High School Baseball this spring please sign up on the sheet in the high school office. A player/parent meeting will be organized after the winter sports are completed. First varsity and JV game will be March 31st. First throwing and hitting practices will be announced this weekend. Any questions please contact Randy Santema at 695-7235.
FFA Members: If you are planning to join FFA you need to talk to Mr. Sutera by the end of the school day tomorrow (Thursday). Dues are $15.
Thursday, March 2
- Pep Rally at 3:15.
- The following juniors are working the concession stand at 6:30 pm: Brooke S., Brittany L, and Annie D. The parents that are working are Shana S., Chad S., Stacy S., and Paul S.
- Play practice – 6:45 – Blocking, Music, Choreography, Act 1-Scenes 5 & 6
Friday, March 3
- Play practice – 4:00 – Blocking, Music, Choreography, Act I-Scene 7
- Girls Basketball Sweet 16: Sioux Valley vs Hamlin at Castlewood tonight at 7:00.
- Fan Bus for the Sweet 16 will be open to grades 6-12. It will leave at 6:00. We need to have at least 20 people sign up. Deadline to sign up is today at noon. There is no charge to ride. However, you will need to pay for your own admission. Admission is $4 for students. We need to the pack the stands with Cossacks and bring the Energy!
Monday, March 6
- Play practice – 4:00 – Blocking, Music, Choreography, Act II-Scene 1
Tuesday, March 7
- Play practice – 6:45 – Blocking, Music, Choreography, Act II-Scenes 2 & 3
Thursday, March 9
- Play practice – 6:45 – Blocking, Music, Choreography, Act II-Scene 4
Friday, March 10
- Play practice – 4:00 – Blocking, Music, Choreography, Act II-Scene 5
Thursday, March 9 – An admissions representative from Southeast Tech will be in the library during SAT.
Thursday, March 30 – An admission representative from Chadron State College (Nebraska) will be in the library during SAT.
The City of Volga is now accepting applications for Summer Pool & Rec positions. Applications are available online at www.volgacity.com or by calling the City Office at 627-9113. Deadline to apply is Friday, March 10.
Dakota State University softball team is holding a pitching/catching and hitting clinic for all ages on Saturday, March 18th. Sign-ups can be done HERE
Pioneer Hi-Bred Int’l in now taking applications to assist in the process of their research nursery fields for summer of 2017. ** Starting wage for new pollinators is $8.65 per hour in 2017! ** 7% wage increase to everyone that is in attendance for every hour that is asked for the week (opportunity resets each week we are in the field) ** time and a half wage on weekends ** treats delivered to the field! Applications are available in the MS/HS office or Mrs. Jorgenson and are due May 26, 2017.
Juniors/Seniors interested in law enforcement or military: Applications are being accepted for the 2017 Youth Trooper Academy- June 26-30, 2017 in Pierre, SD. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to expense-paid law enforcement training. This training is a partnership between the South Dakota Highway Patrol and the American Legion. A $500 scholarship to the top recruit. Deadline to apply is March 26, 2017. If interested, please see Mrs. Jorgenson.
Scholarships Available: HERE
Mitchell Technical Institute Camps HERE
2017 Resource Conservation Speech Contest with $2,300 in scholarships available. Any SD student in grades 9-12 is eligible to enter. 2017 Topic: “Soil Health: What Will You Leave?” Deadline is March 25, 2017. Information available HERE
The Build Dakota Scholarship has announced which programs qualify for 2017-18 year. See Mrs. Jorgenson for details.