“The mission of the Sioux Valley Schools Wellness Center is to support and enhance the fitness goals of community constituents, Sioux Valley students, and Cossack athletes on their quest to achieve excellence.”
Professionals inside the Sioux Valley Schools Wellness Center will facilitate this mission by:
- Emphasizing and Modeling a healthy lifestyle
- Holding the highest expectations in regards to safety, technique, and spotting
- Using only research-based methods to build fitness and explosive strength
- Promoting functional strength and stretching routines as means of injury prevention
Functional Strength Information & Articles
- Cody Zeller – Charlotte Bobcats
- Stanford University – Football
- Strength Training – Elderly
- Health & Fitness Trends for 2014
The Sioux Valley Schools Wellness Center Hours:
*When windchill is forecast at -15 or below, there will be no weekday morning Wellness Center.
Sunday – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday – 7:10 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.; 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Tuesday – 7:10 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Wednesday – 7:10 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. & Evening: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Thursday – 7:10 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Friday – 7:10 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Open Walking: Monday, Wednesday 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Open gym/Open Walking: Sundays – 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.